Thank you for becoming a Paws in the Park team captain! Every team needs a dedicated leader to
champion homeless pets and to motivate their teammates to maximize the money they raise. After
all, the SPCA is 100% donation funded. We could not exist without our compassionate donors!
Here are some of your responsibilities as team captain:
- Create the team name.
- Recruit team members to participate (as many as possible!) and direct them to register online, in-person at our West Seneca shelter or by mailing in a registration form found inside the brochures.
- Select the team’s fundraising goal and share it with your team members. (Remember that teams that raise at least $1,500 by Sept. 15 will receive a free team tent!
- Motivate team members and foster team spirit.
- Determine your company’s matching gift policy.
- Send updates every few weeks to celebrate the team’s progress and remind team members of their fundraising goal. Be sure to highlight individual successes along the way!
- Organize a meeting spot and coordinating team outfits (if desired) on the day of the event. Want to use our logo on a t-shirt or bandanna? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
As an added incentive, team captains can earn rewards based on the size of their team:
- 4 team members: $5 Anderson’s gift card
- 10 team members: $10 Petco gift card
- 20 team members: $25 Tops gift card
We can help you promote your Paws in the Park team at your office! For more details, contact Phil Weiss at 716-875-7360 ext. 243. We might even be able to bring along a furry friend!